The families at a news conference on Monday, November 9,2020 believe and stressed that their three male children ages 19,31 and 32 respectively are not dead neither did they get drown as reported in the local media recently. According to them, their children, who were hired by Moses Ahossoule, owner of the St. Moses Funeral Parlour and Abraham Samuels, a senior officer of the National Security Agency went to do a piece of job for a mining company owned by the two individuals within the Fuama District, lower Bong County and were allegedly captured and are poised to be used for ritualistic purpose something they noted will not happen.
“Our children are alive as such we challenge you to bring them back or else an unspecified action will be taken soon,”’ they maintained. Reading the official press statement by one of the family members, Pastor Elijah Watson, said they will continue their protest beginning today, Tuesday November 10,2020 and will not rest until they see the return of their children back home. “We refused the news that one of our children bodies have been found. “the aggrieved families pointed out. Pastor Watson, through the three families, however, frowned at the Liberia National Police (LNP) for not taking Moses as a prime suspect in the case rather a person of interest something they termed as unfortunate.
“Our personal initial investigations conducted on the scene of the incident on two different occasions by some key persons linked to the situation disclosed some hidden agendas,” Pastor Watson added. Pastor Elijah said with the initial inconsistencies in statements given by Mr. Ahossoule on one hand relative to the exact time of the incident saying 12:00 noon when another party quoted 9:00pm and the owner of the canoe which allegedly carried the three persons on the all hand saying only three persons at most can ride the canoe while another version have it that they were six on the canoe at the night of the alleged incident among many others all proved to a dead end on who to actually believe.
According to them, they suspect some foul play in the entire process and want justice to be served to their respective families soon. Since the October 17, 2020 alleged drowning saga though the families have a different view and or nomenclature , one of the principal individuals Moses Ahossoule has since denied media reports of his direct involvement into any ritualistic purpose as claimed by others though the three men in question were hired by his mining company named Diamond Mine in Lower Bong County which the families claimed local authorities are not aware of its operations. The three families are currently calling for speedy and impartial investigation into the matter and to ensure that the perpetrators linked to the saga are brought to face the full weight of the law.
Well It is exactly twenty three days since the incident occurred and the aggrieved families have so far claimed that there is no proactive step taken by the police to speedily investigate the matter even though one of the bodies through a police investigation has been retrieved according to Police Spokesmen Mr. Moses Carter, but the families have claimed that the body discovered is not theirs and their three children are all still alive.